Wednesday, February 18, 2015

December-February update

**Moms feel free to reach out to me: uniquemaree@gmail.com

Well, I've been M.I.A for some time so, sorry for the long update.

A lot of changes have been made for the Arce family. For starters, we have moved into our new home and Gavin is doing so much better! We're pretty sure just the new atmosphere has helped him out. He cleared up almost immediately after moving in. It took about 2 weeks after settling in that we noticed he started clearing up.

We stopped giving him solid foods for a while but have since reintroduced foods. He's eating sweet potatoes, broccoli, and carrots! That is HUGE for us. We are so happy. Its a great start and can't wait to see what all he loves again. That being said, Gavin has also gained all his weight back. You can see the good fat in his cheeks and legs.

And guess what?!!? NO MORE WET WRAPS!  Buh-bye wet suit. I put it away with all the clothes he has outgrown over the year. I dont even know where to start with how far he has come in so little time. The last "really bad"outbreak was in November of last year.

We actually get to go grocery shopping as a family and even get to sit down at restaurants again. Its amazing! We really cherish every minute of being outdoors with our son and he does too. When we say, "lets go bye bye" he tries to put his shoes on and gives us his jacket lol. He wastes no time!

We calculated over 15 oral medications and 7 body ointment medications that were prescribed to us over the year. We NO LONGER need any of them! We still apply vasaline to help lock in the moisture for his dry skin but that's it! #happymomma

Although we are down to using no medications and he is eating solid foods we still struggle with his sleep schedule along with his bottle feedings. He wakes up every 3 hours during the night still for a bottle and that's because he's not full enough before bed. We're working on it. It does make up for longer nights especially when he doesn't want to sleep but play and watch TV instead. Hey, we're not complaining. We much rather have him up watching TV then up scratching all night not being able to sleep. By the way, he was up from 12:30am-4:30am last night playing. We're working on it, we're working on it. I'm just happy he has the choice now! He gets to choose "should I stay up" or "should I go to sleep". When before he had Benadryl before bed forcing him to sleep but would still wake up scratching till he bled without being able to go back to sleep... and that went on hour hours throughout the night.

I've read my first few posts a few weeks ago and it brought me to tears. I can't believe what all we've been through as a young married couple. Our marriage was there holding on by a thread. It's nothing to be ashamed of. After all, we have never been through something so tough involving the both of us. We rarely talked to each other and when we did it was out of frustration. My husband and I have come a long way as parents. All I can say is, I'm so thankful God brought me good hearted Christian man. Any time I thought about leaving our marriage I remembered all the happy and loving moments we did have together. 90% of our relationship was laughs and giggles and sarcasm. You never knew when we were actually arguing and when we were serious because everything was perfect in our view. We're doing so much better now. Actually, its almost like we just met all over again. We talk about our life's blessings and things we're privileged to do. We're just so extremely grateful! you have no idea. I love him so much and he's been such an amazing father to our son. He really puts in half of the work as a parent AFTER coming home from his actual job.

Here's a few photos of his progress... the photo on the left was our last hospital visit. We were admitted for 4 days at Children's Dallas.



February 2015 ^


No comments:

Post a Comment