Friday, March 6, 2015

Making up for lost time

Y'all! I'm feeling pretty fantastic this week.

Gavin had his FIRST skin allergy testing this past Monday. I always tell my husband not to "Google" images of any kind just because everyone has a different image in every situation. Like when I Google "red balloon" in my head I picture a balloon outdoors floating up... Google a red balloon and see how many balloons that pop up. None that look exactly the same. My point is, your going to get 50 different answers and probably none you want to see or read.

Anyways, my husband Googled anyways -_- and all these awful photos popped up of kids with hives all down their backs and even closed eyes. It was brutal. I really wish he hadn't looked up images. I was mortified and honestly was afraid of going to Gavin's skin test appointment. I was more afraid of my husband once again blaming it all on me because I gave the doctor the "okay" to do the test.

Anyways, I prayed about (as usual) and thank heavens that entire morning went so smoothly. We're not morning people including my little guy. Our regular morning starts about 9:30-10am. His appointment was at 10:30am and unlike my little he woke up at 8am full of energy yelling throughout the whole house with excitement. I'm a very spiritual person and even though I may not "look" the part you have no idea how much I pray and fast. Seeing Gavin so happy so early in the morning my heart began to feel warm inside. I knew it was God's presence filling the house and running through Gavin's little temple. I KNEW that moment in time, this is it!! I wasn't sure what to expect at the appointment. All I knew was that God was with us the entire step of the way and it made me feel secure.

We get to his skin testing appointment and it all went fairly fast from there. I took out all the foods I wanted tested and the doctor provided his part. Gavin tested for the following: beef, chicken, green beans, broccoli, cantaloupe, sweet potato, white potato, yellow squash, watermelon, rice, soy milk, pinto beans, and dog dander. All that we thought he was allergic to because he had a bad outbreak to it all.

Before I go into his results. I wasn't to share something with you all that I truly believe in my heart has helped me and my family.

I may not know every scripture in the bible by heart but God doesn't care. He see's your heart not how much knowledge you know of the bible. Even though I am wanting to learn scripture by heart.

I did a 3 day fast right before my son's testing. I cleansed my body as asked in the bible for 3 full days. I ate nothing but drank water to keep me lightly full. I advise you all to please ready your bibles about prayer and fasting. You may not be going through what we are... maybe you have another need. Everyone should all know about prayer and fasting! In my time of fasting, I pray any chance I get. Washing dishes, during Gavin's nap time, in the shower, where ever I can get a prayer in I will! So I did my 3 day fast and asked the Lord for healing for my son.

While waiting the 15 minutes (longest fifteen minutes of my life) 2 clowns came in to play Gavin a song (literally). They really cheered him up! :) I'm so happy they did. I secretly wanted to cry because once again I felt God's presence through the song they played. Maybe because there was no words in the song. Just a simple guitar and what seemed to be a harmonica. It was beautiful and heart warming to be assured that the Lord was still with us even through the waiting period.

It took 15 minutes for the skin prick testing. They poked really small needles in a row down his back and do you know, he passed EVERY food including dog dander!! We are extremely happy and pleased to give ALL the glory to God. I know in my heart from the beginning of that morning God was in control. He heard my prayers and saw my fasting.

We got home about noon that day and I was so quick to whip up a huge plate for my little. Gavin had 2 big plates of white potato, broccoli, and squash. Not to mention he slept a solid 5 hours that night without waking up for his bottle.

Side thought: My husband now has an online tshirt shop for everyone. Even kiddos with food allergies. The shirt below is one of many shirts you can find at his shop.

SHOP:  www.etsy.com/shop/allertees





“And when you fast, do not look gloomy like the hypocrites, for they disfigure their faces that their fasting may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you fast, anoint your head and wash your face, that your fasting may not be seen by others but by your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you." Matthew 6:16-18



No comments:

Post a Comment