Saturday, August 8, 2015

Skin Care Products

Here's the latest...

As I posted on my last blog, I totally went away with the steroid ointments and antibiotics. I was so fed up with changing his medications what seemed like every doctor's visit (every 3 months).

I have added probiotics to his diet and still continuing with his vitamin D. I've slowed down on the Zinc since his skin has cleared. I give him Zinc once a week now.

His skin is clear! I'm sure you all are wondering how!?
On my last post he was already starting to clear up but he still had dry skin. It definitely wasn't as dry as it has been in the past but he still had dry spots (you can kinda see on the photo I posted). Since I went away with his prescribed ointments I created my own. He now uses handmade products and I couldn't be any more happier! I know everything that's going into his lotions and soaps. I love it!

I've used natural store bought products on him before but none of them had real background experience with eczema. I almost felt like they just Googled "ingredients for eczema?" because every natural product I found almost had the exact same ingredients. One being coconut oil and with Gavin's allergies I was way to afraid to buy anything with coconut in it. I know the FDA says coconut isn't a tree nut but I think otherwise. I could argue that all day but it doesn't really matter. What does matter is that I have created products WITHOUT coconut oil! :)

I recently had a friend ask if she could buy a cream from me so I sold her a 4oz jar of the morning cream we use. Since then she's now bought the night time cream and the green tea soap. That being said, I'll be selling all the products we use online! It's helped Gavin so much and although there isn't a cure for eczema you can definitely control it with all the right products. Take it from someone who has literally gone through 30 different lotions off the shelf not including the medicated ointments.

All of Gavin's skin care products now have all the right oils and plants known to treat eczema. Here are some of the oils and plants you'll find in the products: Neem Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Green Tea, Spinach, Olive, Aloe Vera, Lavender, and his soaps are DETERGENT FREE! SCORE (where's the hands up emoji). The very first soap I created for him had no Lavender Essential Oil (natural scent) so that'll be on the website too (for those working on EO's). All lotions and soaps are carefully measured giving you the perfect moisturizer. I took my time creating each one around Gavin's sensitive skin so it is a product line for everyone! Anyone form normal skin to psoriasis.

Once I started using our natural and handmade products on him, his skin started drying up and peeling off. Almost like all the dead skin was coming off. It was remarkable! It did take a week before I started noticing a difference but heck 7 days isn't nothing! It was totally worth the wait. I'm no expert but I am highly aware of my son's prior food allergies and what triggers his eczema. Not every product line is for you. You pretty much just have to take a chance and try it out. I know, because we had to do the same with Gav so I'm not saying my line is the one that'll clear your skin. However, it's what has helped our son's skin and I can't imagine using anything different.

I almost want to slap myself in the face for not creating his skin care products from scratch long ago but I was so exhausted when I first started blogging, I barely had enough time to feed myself lol.

Today's post is to tell all you eczema parent's out there DONT GIVE UP! I'll never forget all the sleepless nights and long exhausting days we had for almost 2 years. I would definitely give Gavin's skin care products a try! (website coming soon)

As always, feel free to send me an email: Uniquemaree@gmail.com


Recent Photo: 
This was the first time not wearing a onesie since he was 6 months old because he would scratch his sides. This is the only time I can get a photo of him being still btw lol. He's a wild one.




















FOLLOW US ON TWITTER: @RaisingGavinN

No comments:

Post a Comment