Monday, October 13, 2014

Prepared for Halloween

Food alternations...
As some of you may know, Gavin's birthday is right around the corner and so is Halloween. I've been going back and forth with myself on wether I should serve foods (at his party) he would only be able to eat and hand out no candy but small toys (like glow sticks) in stead for Halloween.

Food Allergy & Research Education
Well, I came across a Facebook page called Food Allergy & Research Education (FARE) and it helps educate and encourage parents like us to get more involved in food allergy awareness. I went a head and signed up for the walk here in Plano, TX. Its Saturday, November 15th. I would love for you all to join and walk with me and my husband. It would literally mean the world to me if you can come out and support my son. I'm pretty sure I'll cry lol. If you can't, I completely understand. They are accepting donations just click the link below to donate. Gavin's goal is $2,000. 

Toys or Candy?
Also, if you can't do the walk or donate you can paint a teal pumpkin and handout non-food related items for Halloween (things like toys, glow sticks, crayons, stickers, etc.)... you can still handout candy if you want but maybe make it optional for the kids. If you do, PLEASE tag me on your Facebook page or comment with your photos below. I would love to post your photo on my blog and show off all of Gavin's support system. Thank you all so much in advance!


WALK with us or feel free to DONATE:


No comments:

Post a Comment