Thursday, October 9, 2014

New life

When the seed was planted 

Hi. My name is, Unique. I'm a wife, mother, and photographer.

My husband and I have been married since 2010 but together for more then 8 years. After living our lives together we decided to bring a little one into the world. We "tried" for a few months and we finally got pregnant. I remember that day as if it were yesterday. Talk about knowing your body, I was only 1 week pregnant when I knew I was pregnant. Our due date was July 2013 but at only 5 weeks, we had a miscarriage. The pain was excruciating not to mention the depression stage I went through right after. Just when we thought we had our life all figured out we felt pushed all the way back down. We had nobody to relate to, just each other to cry to. We pushed our family away and the few friends we had away too. I made my best friend a stranger and my family into friends. We had so many unanswered questions and didn't know how to deal with any of it. We decided to wait... and not "try" for another baby for a while.


We're not on our time, We're on God's time. 

Well, 3 months later, I'm browsing in Hobby Lobby. I felt light headed and a little nauseous. I thought to myself, "I remember this feeling. Could I be pregnant? There's no way!?"... I immediately called my husband and he said, "No you can't be. Could you?" I wasted no time and went to the nearest store and bought another pregnancy test. This time, I bought only one test (this first time I bought about 8). I knew if God allowed me to get pregnant so soon again this had to be it for us. Thats why I only bought 1 test. I waited impatiently for my husband to get home from work that day. After taking my only test, it was positive!! 

We were excited, scared, anxious, and worried. I waited 2 weeks before setting my doctors appointment because I didn't want to be "to early" in my pregnancy. At our appointment we found out I was about 6-7 weeks pregnant. Our due date was November 3, 2013.

It was then when we realized or "thought" we should live a more secret life. Where we kept happy and exciting news to ourselves so we didn't have anyone hindering our joyous new chapter. After entering into our second trimester we found out our little miracle baby was a boy and we would name him, Gavin Noah.


Thing's we kept to ourselves...

There was no thought about it, we knew we wanted a natural birth. We hired a doula and a midwife to help us through it all. Here we were planning yet again, every little detail in our pregnancy. Just when we thought I had everything figured out again, God showed me other wise.

I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes mid second trimester.

We thought, "Eh, not that big of a deal. I'm on a strict diet... thats better for baby and I anyways." Boy was I wrong. Gavin got to growing and growing fast. By 32/40 weeks he was about 6 lbs. thats about the average size of a newborn baby. Keep in mind I still had 8 weeks left in my pregnancy.

My stomach was pretty big and round. At 32 week I looked like I was having twins so by 35 weeks I looked like I was having triplets. No joke. People would stare at me as if I was some kind of alien.

I remember not feeling comfortable going to WalMart to buy a gallon of milk. My husband one day said to me, "Who cares if people stare!! Your pregnant Unique. Put your shoes on and lets go to the store." And so I did. We were buying things for our hospital bags that day. My husband then realized people do really stare at me so being the loving husband that he is... he caught a lady starring at me lol. I'll never forget he asked her, "What?? Can I help you?" I was really embarrassed but he was more upset. I was use to it at this point but he wasn't.

Gavin Noah's birth date

He was born October 28th at 38 weeks pregnant by c-section weighing 11 lbs. 2 oz. He had full lips and cheeks that looked like tennis balls were stuffed in them :) My little Noah was everything we dreamed of.

Being new parents, we could not believe a mother and newborn was to stay in the hospital for only 2-3 days. I kept saying to my husband, "Oh my gosh, they're just gonna send us home?? Then what?... What if we don't know what we're doing? What if, we don't know when to feed him?" LOL!! We managed.



No comments:

Post a Comment