Saturday, October 11, 2014

Friday, October 10th

Last night

We recently switched his milk since he's highly allergic to soy milk. He's been allergic to soy milk since he was 7 months (he's going on a year old). However, it was the only formula his body would some what tolerate (please see one of my firsts posts about all the formulas we've tried). We couldn't really do much until he's about 1 since his body needs the nutrients from the formula. He still "needs" to nutrients but now that he's a little older I can substitute some of the vitamins, calcium, and protein with foods.

My point of today's day, he broke out to goats milk overnight. Yes, goats milk. We gave it a shot. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but once you've gone through everything we have, you'll try anything to help your baby. We only gave him 1 ounce and he broke out. He's very itchy and has been itchy all night. Here's how our night went...

10:30pm laid down for the night

He woke up at:
11:30pm-12am
1:40-1:55am
2:50-3:45am
5:30-7:30am
10:00am woke up for the day


How his skin looked that night and following morning:



Don't complain when your baby wakes 1-2 times a night... be grateful!

The body needs rest so I've been told but I think our bodies are now use to this schedule. However, some days I still manage to wake up rejoice-full but 60% of all the other days I'm cranky, a bitch, and stubborn so I can only imagine what my son feels like waking up every morning.

Loosing sleep has really taken a tole on our lives. I'm so emotional ALL the time. I really don't remember the last time I've had a "happy" day all day. Don't get me wrong, we still have happy moments. Like the times Gavin just hugs me and kisses me for no reason. Ah, it melts my heart just thinking about it. This is extremely tough to deal with especially emotionally. We are not people to look for support if its not given to us already. We've gone through all this alone... all by ourselves. Half of my days are spent crying and helping Gavin not scratch his skin till he bleeds.

I remember laying Gavin down after his 9pm bottle and he would sleep from 9pm-2am. Oh what I would do to have those nights back.

I sometimes browse my Facebook and come across posts from other moms complaining about having to wake up 1-2 times a night for 15-30minutes. I'm pretty sure only for a bottle and possibly a little soothing then back to sleep. Parents, please, be thankful your baby only wakes up a few times a night. Eventually, they will out grow it completely. All I'm saying is to value the sleep you get now. Drink you a coffee and brush it off or send me a text and ask me how many times I had to wake up last night :) lol (jokingly voice).

No comments:

Post a Comment